Mindfulness Meditation 80hr Teacher Training
Becoming a Mindfulness Meditation Teacher
This 80hr Online Accredited Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training is for those who might feel drawn to bringing the power of mindfulness and compassion practices to others, or simply wanting to deepen their practice to shore-up the foundations of their own inner refuge.
Students often share how profoundly mindfulness and self-compassion are transforming their lives and then they ask: What is the pathway to becoming a teacher myself? I love this path I want to share it.
In this livestream training Deborah Berryman shares the qualities, personal experiences and attitudes that are important in those drawn to teaching meditation, as well as the challenges and pitfalls that may arise.
The course has two distinct modules. While these inevitably overlap, it’s useful to keep a focus on ourselves as practitioners, as the most powerful tool of teaching is the embodiment of mindfulness and compassion
Module 1: Embodying the practice : growing in effectiveness and understanding
• exploring the roots of meditation practice and its journey into modern culture
• the neuroscience of mindfulness and compassion and their relationship with resilience
• exploring the truth and myths of mindfulness and heart- practices
• experiencing the transformative medicine of mindfulness and self-compassion by deepening our own practice
• working with resistance, to the practice, the moment and with life
• personal qualities that contribute to being a good teacher,
• bringing formal and informal practices into our daily life
Module 2: The art of holding space
• different motivations that draw people to mindfulness meditation,
• what mindfulness and compassion teachers actually teach
• the power of our words and silence
• teaching topics, guiding practices and facilitating groups
• ways to address the deep sufferings our students bring to us
• taking care of ourselves while holding space for others
• special considerations for inclusivity and trauma
• ever-increasing opportunities for teaching in a world
Deborah will draw from over a decade of experience in training others to teach. You’ll hear inspiring stories, examples and reflections that allow you to use this learning as a way to grow for both you and your students.
Course Structure and Dates
There will be six study days on the following dates. Each day will run from 9.30 to 15.30 UK time (with an hour lunch break).
I'm also offering 'Pay It Forward' diversity scholarships. See here for info and to apply
1 and 2 October
5 and 6 November
3 and 4 December
Online (Livestream via Zoom) This allows for real time interaction between teacher and students. Relevant links will be provided on joining. Sessions are also recorded for participants to review in their own time for a limited period after the event.
Teaching methods include lectures, meditations, inquiries, reflective exercises, small groups, partner work and teaching practice. Between teaching weekends, you will have a home practice along with written assignments to complete to help integrate the learning and transition to teaching in a real-life setting.
Maximum participants: 24
Hours and Accreditation
Total Number of hours: 80 – including training, reading, self-study, assessments and assignments
Certification - there is the option to simply attend the training days and obtain a Certificate of Attendance.
Accreditation - This course is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, and the training hours (80 in total) are eligible for continuing education (CEP) credits.
Who’s it for?
This course offers you the chance to train specifically to teach mindfulness meditation. To be eligible for the course, you will have a regular personal meditation practice (recommended 1 year). The course is open to
• experienced meditation practitioners, health practitioners and/or yoga teachers wishing to share meditation practices, classes or courses with others, in an individual or group setting
• yoga teachers looking to add or deepen their ability to bring meditation into their regular classes
• experienced meditation practitioners/yoga teachers wishing to enjoy the transformative medicine by deepening their own practice
To be eligible for a Teaching Certificate, you will also need to have experience in another relevant field holding space for others e.g. as a yoga teacher, trainee yoga teacher, school teacher, counsellor, or healthcare professional).
Cancellation Terms - please take time to read this carefully before booking -
• 60 days or more prior to the course date: Your payments will be refunded, less £50 which is your non-refundable deposit.
• 59 days or less prior to the course date: payments are not refundable.
About the Teacher
Deborah Berryman is a Mindfulness Meditation and Senior Yoga Teacher known for her infectious curiosity for the practice and for life. Drawing on over 17yrs of teaching experience, she is a personal mission to share the benefits of delving into these practices in community. By offering these experiences, the space for healing connection opens up to empower others - not to change themselves, but to be fully seen in all their glory. When we change the way we see ourselves and each other, we can affect some sort of change or perspective that makes our world better.
Since completing her initial training in 2005, she went on to train in MBSR with Bangor University (Centre for Mindfulness UK), and with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield through Cloud Sangha - going on to work for Cloud Sangha as a Mindfulness Mentor. She attends regular silent retreats to deepen her own practice. With a keen interest in working with trauma and addiction, she's also studied with Ralf Marzen, Dr Gabor Mate and Richard Schwartz to better understand how yoga and meditation can support this.
Deborah will share her training, experience and personal insights, exploring the power of this insight practice in creating emotional freedom. You can read more about the teacher here
Have any Questions?
Get in touch if you have any questions about this course, including future dates